Looking after your carefully chosen and treasured hairpiece is paramount to ensuring you get the very best out of your new hair.
Knowing how often and how to wash your wig can really help preserve the quality of your hair.
We have lots of great hair care products we recommend for you to use with your new wig, so please call for more information.
Washing your human hair wig
- First, gently de-tangle your wig using your fingers, wig brush or comb.
- Soak the hair in lukewarm water making sure the water is running in the same direction as the hair flows itself.
- Apply your human hair shampoo to the crown of the wig. Gently spread the shampoo throughout the hair using your fingers. Start from the top and make your way down.
- Rinse your wig to wash all of the shampoo out. You can run your fingers through the wig gently to make sure that all the shampoo has been washed out.
- Apply your human hair conditioner using the same method as applying your human hair shampoo.
- Squeeze the entire cap and hair to get rid of any excess water, then place a towel over your wig to absorb any excess water onto the towel.
- Now place your hair on a its stand and allow to dry naturally.
Top Tips for looking after for your human hair wig
- Use a soft brush when brushing your hairpiece, note that it is important to be very gentle when brushing your hair whilst it is wet.
- Do not wash your wig in very hot or boiling water.
- Do not sleep in your hair as it will reduce the life span by 50%.
- Please do not attempt to colour or tint your wig. Contact us and we will professionally colour your wig.
There are so many way we can help you feel confident again. Book a hair loss consultation to discuss the different options available to you.
Rebecca Morgan-Brennan, Founder
More about human hair wigs