Morgan’s are proud supporters of The Little Princess Trust Charity – helping children and young people gain confidence.
At Morgan’s we are privileged to be recognised wig fitters as part of their salon network.
The Little Princess Trust provides free real hair wigs to children and young people, up to 24 years, who have lost their own hair through cancer treatment or other conditions.
Working with young children and young adults from across the North West and North Wales, we strive to help The Little Princess deliver their mission and support the fantastic work they do.
Morgan’s are one of only 16 salons in the UK to achieve Gold Standard Salon Status!
In February 2020 we were awarded the very highest level of status as a Little Princess Trust partner salon. This is an amazing achievement and one we are all very proud of!
The Little Princess Trust awards its Gold Standard to those who go above and beyond what is expected as well as making it a priority to use the wigs made from the hair of our generous donors.
We are so proud to have met these standards:
- Be welcoming, clean and tidy
- Hold insurance that covers any LPT wigs in their stock (this should appear as “Goods In Trust” on an insurance policy), as well as public liability insurance
- Have LPT Leaflets on display at the salon
- The salons’ website should have an up to date LPT logo and information
- The salon invoices correctly
- The salon commits to fundraising for LPT
- Salon team members fitting the wigs should have an up to date DBS
- The salon should have a private wig fitting area
- The salon prioritises the use of LPT wigs for LPT referrals
- Team members providing the wig fitting service should have attended one of the salon seminar days.
- It is of utmost importance to us that we help our young clients feel comfortable when deciding on their new wig, as you can see from our gallery below we have had the pleasure of working with some very happy young and brave people!
Find more about the work they do and how you may be able to have a wig for yourself or your child, please visit their website www.littleprincesses.org.uk
Video: Donating your hair to the Little Princess Trust. For a full guide visit www.littleprincesses.org.uk/donate-hair
Interested in donating your hair to the Little Princess Trust?
To donate your hair, it has to be long and in good condition. The required length depends on the charity, but generally, you will need at least 7 inches (about 17 cm) to 14 inches (about 35cm).
To decide if your hair is long enough, you need to measure the ponytail of hair that would be cut off (donated). This length does not refer to the length of your hair when on your head.
At the moment the charity is crying out for blonde hair! So all of you with golden locks please do get in touch!
Give us a call on Prestatyn 01745 798 747 and we’ll tell you everything you need to know!